Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Chelsea FC Best Ever XI

Goal Keeper

Peter Bonnetti was a very good goal keeper as was Peter Borota and you can put Dimitri Kharine, Carlo Cudicini and Dave Beasant in that category but Petr Cech would have to win my vote as best ever goal keeper for Chelsea.

Right Back

Gary Sillett, Ken shellito, Gary Locke and Dave Webb were good right backs. "Super" Dan Petrescu, was a fabulous wing back but unfortunately he could not defend, Steve Clarke was extremely reliable and Albert Ferrer was decent but I would have to go for Ron "chopper" Harris as the best right back.

Left back

Graeme Le Saux, Ashley Cole, and Wayne Bridge are all worthy mentions but I have gone for Eddie McCreadie.

Centre backs

Frank Lebouef was a very decent ball playing defender, but maybe let down by his defensive qualities. Gary Chivers and Colin Pates were very good defenders.

William Gallas and Ricardo Carvalho would definitely have been in my team if not the two that I have actually picked. But my 2 centre backs are Marcel Desailly and John Terry.

Midfield

There have been lots of good players in Chelsea midfield and I have gone for 3 players in the midfield. Players like Michael Essien, Ray Wilkins, Gus Poyet, Roberto Di Matteo, Dennis Wise, Clive Walker and John Bumstead deserve mentions.

But I have gone for Claude Makelele who is 1 of the most useful players ever to have in any team, Frank Lampard for his goal and running power and Alan Hudson for his creativity

Forward/Strikers

I have also gone for 3 players and I have to pay homage to players like Kerry Dixon, Gianluca Vialli, Mark Hughes, Arjen Robben, Joe Cole, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Eidur Gudjohnssen and Bobby Tambling but I have picked Didier Drogba for his power and unselfishness, Peter Osgood and the best player to have ever played for Chelsea and that's Gianfranco Zola for his genius.

Cheap Shirt Shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment